Washington DC has some of the best employment laws in the United States. Talos Law represents employees who have claims against their bosses, former bosses or potential bosses. Common situations include:
- Being asked to do extra work for no pay
- Denial of earned overtime pay
- Refusing to make a reasonable accommodation for a disability
- Refusing to let you off work or firing you for taking or asking to take leave when you or a family member is seriously ill (Family Medical Leave Act).
- Being fired or not being promoted because of the following reasons:
- National Origin
- Marital Status
- Personal Appearance
- Sexual Identity or Expression
- Family Responsibilities (children or other dependents)
- Political Affiliation
- Enrolling in School
If you think you’ve been fired, refused a promotion, or treated differently for any of these reasons, contact us for an initial consultation.